Re: earthquake in Rev 11:13

  • Ken Flowers
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 5, 2001
      --- In revelation-list@y..., "Georg S. Adamsen" <georg.adamsen@1...>
      wrote:
      > I remain unconvinced that Rev 14:7 and 15:4 supports that 11:13
      refers to
      > conversion.

      I've been wondering if this is the right question for this verse.
      For
      me the thing to note is that there seems to be at least an
      opportunity
      for conversion. In fact, I find this to be a (perhaps the) recurring
      theme throughout the book.

      Take:
      9:20, 21 - "yet repented not of the works of their hands."
      16:9 - "and they repented not to give him glory."
      16:11 - "and repented not of their deeds."

      These verses all imply an opportunity for conversion. I also see the
      numerous warnings as such opportunities. Even the prolonged, and
      partial nature of the judgments should imply opportunities and
      warnings rather than God using the world as a big cat toy.

      I've written more of this up as a small appendix to a book I'm
      working
      on. I can send the longer text upon request.

      Ken Flowers
      Lexington MA