Maranaha

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2013
      The Greek word ἔρχομαι appears 36 times in the Apocalypse.  It has been noted that the announcement of the coming of Christ appears 7 times in the book.  The New Jerusalem is always portrayed as "coming down out of heaven from God."  At the close we get a portrait of this New Jerusalem represented as a cube representing the Holy of Holies in the Temple.  It is stated that there is "no Temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb."  I would suggest that the view that the purpose of the Apocalypse as traditionally set forth is not either to predict history or to assure the Church of protection from all trials is not correct.  It is rather the assurance of Christ's presence in the Eucharist.  In the Didache 9.5-10.7 where the Eucharist is discussed, the passage concludes with the announcement (or call for) the coming of the Church's Lord with "Maranatha."

      search for truth, hear truth,