Re: [revelation-list] Re: Origin of Chiliasm

    Message 1 of 8 , May 29, 2010
      Of course, ultimately the concept of chiliasm goes back to the "world week" in which the world is to last 7 days of 1000 years each.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 29, 2010
        I'm not sure it's as "obvious" as that

        Looking at Jewish writings pre-Revelation, the world week is one strand but the idea of a preliminary reign of messiah before the final end and the theme in Jubilees of 1000 years as a human lifespan are all feeding into it

        (Pastor) Jon Newton