Re: [revelation-list] Historical development of apocalyptic interpretation

  • David Barr
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2009
      For a concise treatment of both the historical and contemporary
      scenes, I recommend Arthur Wainwright's Mysterious Apocalypse:
      Interpreting the Book of Revelation. Nashville: Abingdon Press, 1993.

      David Barr
      Professor of Religion
      Chair, Departments of Religion, Philosophy, & Classics
      Wright State University
      Dayton OH 45435

      937-775-2293
      937-775-2892 (FAX)

      On Jan 14, 2009, at 4:31 PM, Dr. Ian E. Rock wrote:

      > Would anyone be so kind to send me some suggestions of texts that
      > trace the development of apocalyptic interpretation from the first
      > century to the present?
      > Thanks

    • HUBBES Laszlo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2009
        Dear Ian,

        another excellent study - although limited to the interpretations of
        the Book of Revelation - would be "Revelation" by Judith Kovacs and
        Christopher Rowland published in the Blackwell Bible Commentaries series.

        Hubbes Laszlo

        --- In revelation-list@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Ian E. Rock"

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 17, 2009
          Dear Ian,

          For more on these and other relevant resources, se
          http://www.revelation-resources.com/category/history-of-interpretation/.

          Georg

          Dr. Georg S. Adamsen

          List founder, and editor

          another excellent study - although limited to the interpretations of
          the Book of Revelation - would be "Revelation" by Judith Kovacs and
          Christopher Rowland published in the Blackwell Bible Commentaries series.

          Hubbes Laszlo

          --- In revelation-list@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:revelation-list%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dr. Ian E. Rock"