RE: [revelation-list] Re: Continuity

  • Ian R. Brown
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 14, 2009
      I would argue that what needs heeding in 4:1-22:6 is more implied than
      direct; for example, the implied command to avoid idolatry. Something more
      direct would be 13:10, 18; 14:12; 17:9.

      Ian R. Brown

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 14, 2009
        Do we take the term "heed," (tereo typically means to obey) to mean
        "pay attention to," or "to obey"? I am not certain of the presence
        implied commands in the 4-22 sections. If they are present, though,
        they are subsidiary to the overtly stated commands in the 1-3 and
        22.7f sections. The letters in 2-3, on the other hand, are filled with
        commands. Again, the question is how do chaps. 4-22 relate to chaps.
        2-3 in particular?