Re: [revelation-list] Temple measuring

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2007
      With regard to structures in the biblical accounts, when they are spoken of as being measured, it always occurs prior to their construction. This is true of the Tabernacle in the Wilderness, the rebuilding of the Temple following the Exile depicted in Ezekiel. This is even true of the construction of the earth which is set forth in the confrontation between God and Job in Job 38 since the earth is depicted as a building. The measuring of the heavenly prototype preceeds the construction of the earthly antitype. If memory serves, this is also true in other ancient near eastern literature. I don't have the book handy but I seem to recall something either regarding the measuring of the house or its foundation on gem stones in the story of the building of the house by Dumuzi in Thorkild Jacobson The Harps that Once.

      http://tinyurl.com/2686cb