861Re: [revelation-list] Re: Rev 2:9; 3:9

    Oct 13, 2006
      I would take that as referring to ethnic Jews who opposed the Church. Remember that after Jamnia there was considerable antipathy for Christians. I believe Bar Kochba also martyred some Christians. I'm probably alone on the list in not viewing Bar Kochba as an anacronism to the Apocalypse.

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: ottoerlend <ottoerlend@...>
      To: revelation-list@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 2:56:47 AM
      Subject: [revelation-list] Re: Rev 2:9; 3:9

      Sinclair Stable wrote:

      "I was wondering if the group could give the understanding of Rev
      2:9; 3:9."

      I was about to ask you to search the (old) archives, as I am sure
      that you will find some information there. (I know this subject has
      been discussed before.) But I was not able to get access to the old
      archive at http://post- boks.dk/rev- list -- in fact, it seems to have
      been removed or deleted. (Perhaps Georg Admamsen knows more about
      this.)

      Best regards

      Otto E. Nordgreen
      Oslo, Norway