565Morning star

  • Pere Porta Roca
    Jul 10, 2003
      From: "Pere Porta Roca" <pporta@...>
      To: <revelation-list@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 6:36 AM

      Re 22,16.
      Is it logical we translate 'o aster...o proïnós' as 'morning star'?

      During the morning no star is shining -nor is seen- in the sky because the
      sun rose, the only sky body which shines along the morning.. Would it not be
      more logical to translate the clause as 'I am the star of the daybreak' or
      'I am the star of the early morning'?

      In Spanish it would be 'Yo soy la estrella de la madrugada' instead of 'Yo
      soy la estrella de la mañana'

      What do you think about?

      Pere
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic