1186Re: Hermas and the Tribulation Beast

  • e_s_c_h_a_t_o_n
    Jan 16, 2011
      Thank you George. I am not trying to understand thee things as moderns do, but as those to whom it was first written might have understood them.

      >>As far as was possible, and could be done with perspicuity, I cherish the hope that, according to my desire, I have omitted none of those things at present [demanding consideration], which bear upon your salvation. For if I should write to you about things future, ye would not understand, because such knowledge is hid in parables. These things then are so.

      The Epistle of Barnabas, Chapter XVII.—Conclusion of the first part of the epistle.<<