1182Re: [revelation-list] Apostolic Interpretation

    Jan 15, 2011
      You must also remember that this would have been read more than once so there
      would be opportunities to pick up further details later.

      From: Jon Newton <jonknewton@...>
      To: revelation-list@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, January 15, 2011 4:05:32 PM
      Subject: Re: [revelation-list] Apostolic Interpretation

      Thanks for those comments George

      I fully agree about the intended audience which is clearly stated in Rev.1

      I also fully agree about the centrality of Jesus is the text, which seemed to be
      Alan's key thought too.

      Not sure about your comments about the details and speed reading. While I'm sure
      each detail is by no means random, the original audience would have been
      hearing, not reading, the text. This helps explain the sevens and other
      structural features in Revelation. But it makes it unlikely they could
      concentrate on the intricate detail of each stage of the revelation.

      Jon

      (Pastor) Jon Newton