1076Re: [revelation-list] Re: A simple explanation of the millennium

    Sep 21, 2009
      Apparently you didn't read my reply with sufficient care.  I in no way implied that the 1000 years mentioned in Re 20 were literal or that you assumed such which means that "everyone" did not suppose that you were understanding this literally.  The "world week" was considered to be a succession of 1000 year periods and was thus more paradigmatic than literal.  Note that in Heb a similar relation is established

      “As in my anger I swore,
      ‘They shall not enter my rest,’ ”
      though his works were finished at the foundation of the world. 4 For in one place it speaks about the seventh day as follows, “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” 5 And again in this place it says, “They shall not enter my rest.” 6 Since therefore it remains open for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, 7 again he sets a certain day—“today”—saying through David much later, in the words already quoted,
      “Today, if you hear his voice,
      do not harden your hearts.”
      8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not speak later about another day. 9 So then, a sabbath rest still remains for the people of God; 10 for those who enter God’s rest also cease from their labors as God did from his. 11 Let us therefore make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one may fall through such disobedience as theirs.

      The Holy Bible : New Revised Standard Version. 1989 (Heb 4:3-11). Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.