1073Re: A simple explanation of the millennium

  • e_s_c_h_a_t_o_n
    Sep 12, 2009
      I'm an amillennialist. I don't think the 6000 years was meant to be literal. For instance, Irenaeus who is usually considered a chiliast, made this statement in one place when criticizing the heretics.

      • For the prophet neither speaks concerning a day which includes the space of twelve hours, nor of a year the length of which is twelve months. For even they themselves acknowledge that the prophets have very often expressed themselves in parables and allegories, and [are] not [to be understood] according to the mere sound of the words. Heresies, Book II.xxii.i

      --- In revelation-list@yahoogroups.com, Wray <wray@...> wrote:
      > I agree that /eschaton /makes many leaps that are unsubstantiated by
      > scripture and presents more questions than answers.
      > The problem I have with this reply though, is that we can have both
      > situations: man was created 6000 ago and the earth was created many
      > billions of years ago. The reconciliation lies in the time span between
      > Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 and the fact that face of the earth was renewed.
      > Considering that this is a Revelation list I will leave it at this. If
      > you would like, I can reply off forum and fill in the gap for you.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic