      Quote from ANF01. The Apostolic Fathers with Justin Martyr and Irenaeus
      Author: Schaff, Philip (1819-1893)

      Taking occasion from Papias of Hierapolis, the illustrious, a disciple of the apostle who leaned on the bosom of Christ, and Clemens, and Pant├Žnus the priest of [the Church] of the Alexandrians, and the wise Ammonius, the ancient and first expositors, who agreed with each other, who understood the work of the six days as referring to Christ and the whole Church.

      IX.17631763 This fragment, or rather reference, is taken from Anastasius Sinaitia. Routh gives, as another fragment, the repetition of the same statement by Anastasius.

      Alan Fuller,
      Author of The Gospel Prophecy: The Bible as Allegory
      http://www.lulu.com/arfuller

      --- In revelation-list@yahoogroups.com, "drjenney2" <drjenney@...> wrote:

      > Seems a bit simplistic to me.
      >
      > It assumes the earth was created a bit over 6000 years ago, which flies in the evidence of the world around us. It is supported only by Bishop Ussher's rather dubious addition of numbers in the OT.
      >
      > Second, wasn't Jesus as smart as us? Why then did he say, "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,but the Father only" (Matt 24:36)?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic