uRIP[Props] suggestion

  • Richard Gaskin
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2006
      The uRIP[props] type of "trueFalse" may be better served by using
      "Boolean", no?

      --
      Richard Gaskin
      Fourth World Media Corporation
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2006
        On May 5, 2006, at 8:02 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

        > The uRIP[props] type of "trueFalse" may be better served by using
        > "Boolean", no?

        no. I mean yes. I agree. I think.

        Boolean is what I would use. Wouldn't you, no?

        Tereza Snyder

        Califex Software, Inc.
        800 Water Street
        Sauk City, WI 53583
        608.643.2586
        AIM: terezasnyder1
      • Ken Ray
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2006
          On 5/5/06 8:02 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <Ambassador@...> wrote:

          > The uRIP[props] type of "trueFalse" may be better served by using
          > "Boolean", no?

          I'm fine with making the change... in fact, in the spec it says:

          (Possible alternative definition names: "TF", "boolean", "bool" ?)

          So if everyone says it should go "boolean", I'm cool with making the change
          to the spec.

          If I don't hear an objection by the end of the week, I'll make the change.

          Ken Ray
          Sons of Thunder Software
          Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
          Email: kray@...
        • Phil Davis
          Message 4 of 5 , May 8, 2006
            Hi Ken,

            Before you pull the trigger on this, where did 'TrueFalse' come from?
            Dublin or Edinburgh or ??? I'm not against 'boolean', just wanted to get
            some context on the proposed change.

            Phil Davis

            Ken Ray wrote:

            >On 5/5/06 8:02 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <Ambassador@...> wrote:
            >

            > > The uRIP[props] type of "trueFalse" may be better served by using
            > > "Boolean", no?
            >
            >I'm fine with making the change... in fact, in the spec it says:
            >
            > (Possible alternative definition names: "TF", "boolean", "bool" ?)
            >
            >So if everyone says it should go "boolean", I'm cool with making the change
            >to the spec.
            >
            >If I don't hear an objection by the end of the week, I'll make the change.
            >
            >Ken Ray
            >Sons of Thunder Software
            >Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
            >Email: kray@...

          • Ken Ray
            Message 5 of 5 , May 9, 2006
              On 5/8/06 7:43 PM, "Phil Davis" <revdevguy@...> wrote:

              > Hi Ken,
              >
              > Before you pull the trigger on this, where did 'TrueFalse' come from?

              My deranged head... ;-)