Retrogaming Times Monthly - May 2011 is out!

  • Bryan Roppolo
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2011

      The May issue of Retrogaming Times Monthly is out and grills are already heating up for Memorial Day.

      Here's what's in this month's issue:

      Retrogaming Times Monthly - May 2011

      Issue #84

      http://www.retrogamingtimes.com/magazine/?issue=84&page=frontcover

      ■ A New Beginning

      ■ Apple II Incider - Apple II Easter Eggs

      ■ Move 1 Space Forward - Pac-Man The Board Game

      ■ MAME Reviews - I, Robot

      ■ iDreams Come True - Atari's Greatest Hits

      ■ The Pixelated Mage - Marvel Land

      ■ A Pixelated 21st Century!

      ■ + More!

      Retrogaming Times Monthly, now running 164 months in a row! Visit us on the web at http://www.retrogamingtimes.com/

    • Don L.
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2011
        Bryan,

        I didn't see a link to the C64 article I wrote though you mentioned it in the closing.

        Donald

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2011

          It’s there, it’s called “A New Beginning”. It’s the first one in the Retroworks section.

          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2011
            bryan,
            I know I forgot to give you the transcript form my first nolan chat, it
            wasn't complete done and I didn't want to send to you until it was.
            hopefully I can get done for the June issue of RTM.

            Daniel Iacovelli

            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2011
              That's fine, either way I am interested in reading it..May or June :)

              Message 6 of 9 , May 1, 2011
                Gotcha.  I didn't see a commodore identifier.

                DL

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 9 , May 3, 2011
                  board games!  very nice!

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 5, 2011
                    Bryan,

                    First I want to say that I've been enjoying RTM for a long time now and always look forward to the next issue. I was hoping that I could offer to help. If possible, I wouldn't mind doing a Commodore 64 column. I would also do the Amiga if you'd like. If you're ok with this, please let me know and send me any writing guidelines so I could possibly make the June issue. You mentioned Mail Order Monsters a while back. If you want, I could make that my first review and throw a couple of more games into the pot as well.

                    Thanks for your time,

                    Marc

                  • Bryan Roppolo
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 6, 2011

                      Dear Marc,

                      Thanks for the message and glad to hear you like our magazine. We are always looking for help, and the C64 is a system that deserves more coverage in RTM, so go for that if you feel the urge. Amiga is fair game as well. I think Mail Order Monsters would be great, since it was a reader on Facebook that mentioned they liked that game a lot, and I always love giving our readers what they want. As to writing guidelines, just make sure you send in what you want to have included for each month’s issue by the end of day on the 25th of the month (meaning June’s deadline is 5/25). As far as length goes, try and use common sense. Meaning try not to write something that is only 1-3 paragraphs, since that’s more of an announcement than a full fledged article. Most people’s articles are 2-3 pages in Microsoft Word if that is any help. As long as you spell check and proof read your articles, you should be okay. I can’t want to see what you can get ready for the June issue, as I am excited to see more C64 coverage myself J