Re: [rest-discuss] Is REST Winning?

  • Alan Dean
    Message 1 of 59 , Jun 1, 2007
      *sigh* the downside of living in the UK is that all the interesting
      conversations happen when you are in the land of nod.

      On 6/1/07, Bill de hOra <bill@...> wrote:

      > > On 5/31/07, Bill de hOra <bill@... <mailto:bill%40dehora.net>> wrote:
      > > > I've seen arrant nonsense around transactions
      > >
      > ... WWW is the wrong environment for ACID semantics.

      Agreed.

      Two-phase commit over the web is brittle & highly latent. This is why
      WS-Transaction (AT) is a bad idea.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WS-Transaction

      "Long-running" (aka compensatory) transactions are the way to go.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_running_transaction

      Regards,
      Alan Dean
      http://thoughtpad.net/alan-dean
    • Mike Schinkel
      Message 59 of 59 , Jun 3, 2007
        Joe Gregorio wrote:
        > > As a side note, I'd really like to see the REST
        > architecture style of
        > > contrained interface and URLs for everything be adopted by some
        > > frameworks used for the *DESKTOP* development.
        >
        > You are in good company:
        >
        > http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2005/Nov-26-2.html

        Very nice, thanks! Guess it's not a crazy idea after all... ;-)

        -Mike