Re: [rest-discuss] Re: O'Reilly have just published my REST article

  • Nic
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27 2:42 PM
      "adamratcliffe2002" <adam@...> writes:

      > Hi Nic!
      >
      > Enjoyed your article. One comment, Safari's XHR implementation is a little bit broken, PUT
      > and DELETE requests are silently converted to GETs.

      I am incredulous??! Is this really so?

      Is there some config option somewhere that is forcing this bizarre
      behaviour?

      Isn't Safari based on Konqueror? or is it a moz based thing? I haven't
      used a mac in years.

      Nic
    • Elias Sinderson
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27 3:07 PM
        Nic wrote:

        >"adamratcliffe2002" <adam@...> writes:
        >

        >>[...] Safari's XHR implementation is a little bit broken, PUT
        >>and DELETE requests are silently converted to GETs.
        >>

        >I am incredulous??! Is this really so?

        +1, it seems so incredibly broken for that to be the default behavior
        -- I don't think most REST apps would even work in Safari if it were
        mapping PUT to GET... Can anyone else confirm or deny this behavior?

        Best,
        Elias
      • Adam Ratcliffe
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 27 3:14 PM