Re: O'Reilly have just published my REST article

  • adamratcliffe2002
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2006
      Hi Nic!

      Enjoyed your article. One comment, Safari's XHR implementation is a little bit broken, PUT
      and DELETE requests are silently converted to GETs.

      Cheers
      Adam
    • Nic
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27, 2006
        "adamratcliffe2002" <adam@...> writes:

        > Hi Nic!
        >
        > Enjoyed your article. One comment, Safari's XHR implementation is a little bit broken, PUT
        > and DELETE requests are silently converted to GETs.

        I am incredulous??! Is this really so?

        Is there some config option somewhere that is forcing this bizarre
        behaviour?

        Isn't Safari based on Konqueror? or is it a moz based thing? I haven't
        used a mac in years.

        Nic
      • Elias Sinderson
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 27, 2006
          Nic wrote:

          >"adamratcliffe2002" <adam@...> writes:
          >

          >>[...] Safari's XHR implementation is a little bit broken, PUT
          >>and DELETE requests are silently converted to GETs.
          >>

          >I am incredulous??! Is this really so?

          +1, it seems so incredibly broken for that to be the default behavior
          -- I don't think most REST apps would even work in Safari if it were
          mapping PUT to GET... Can anyone else confirm or deny this behavior?

          Best,
          Elias
        • Adam Ratcliffe
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2006