Re: [rest-discuss] Comments on latest rev of the HttpEvents spec

  • S. Mike Dierken
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
      From: "Paul Prescod" <paul@...>

      > > Ugh. If you are doing this, then you should allow
      > > notification messages to specify alternative
      > > servers (preemptive redirect).
      >
      > I may do that but it is also easy to do that at the application
      > layer...anyhow, I call it "watched-URI". You call it
      > preemptive-redirect. It's a URI where you can get the resource.

      If the client knows what it is watching, and the 'watched-uri' doesn't match
      its list, what happens?
    • S. Mike Dierken
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
        From: "S. Alexander Jacobson" <alex@...>

        > Rather than having a resource issue a
        > Subsriptions: header, it makes much more sense for
        > a subscription to issue a "location:" header
        > pointing to the underlying subscribed resource.
        >
        > Even better, it should issue a location-regex:
        > header. That way you could watch collections of
        > urls that match a particular regex or set of
        > regexes.

        Watching collections via patterns is way cool - can you provide some
        examples of what that would look like?
      • S. Alexander Jacobson
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
          On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, S. Mike Dierken wrote:
          > Watching collections via patterns is way cool - can you provide some
          > examples of what that would look like?

          I think it is application level. But I would
          imaging wanting to know e.g usage of a
          particular set of conference rooms ...

          -Alex-

          S. Alexander Jacobson i2x Media