Re: apache configuration for REST and pseudo-URL's

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2 7:27 AM
      --- In rest-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <tiltbike@y...> wrote:
      > --- In rest-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Stern <jastern949@y...>"
      > <jastern949@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > i'd like to configure our apache server for REST
      >
      > > i don't want to have to go through the trouble of setting up
      > re-write
      > > rules (using mod-rewrite).. but is that what people generally do?
      >
      > Yep, looks like it.
      .
      .
      .
      > CherryPy http://www.cherrypy.org has a handy "default"
      > method that looks like it may address this problem.

      I have been working on a "GET"-only resource (like a unit converter,)
      and CherryPy 2.0 is pretty simple. I posted a "filter" script at
      http://groups-beta.google.com/group/cherrypy-users/browse_thread/thread/1a152a59e1e365a6/7069b0889c82b480
      that allows users to specify the return format in the query string.
      The embedded demo script simply echos the parsed URL and query string
      in xml or html, but I plan to roll out a functional service RSN.
    • jpecore
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17 6:59 AM
        Can Apache Cocoon (using sitemap.xmap) be used instead of Apache
        mod-rewrite to configure a server for REST and pseudo-URLs?

        If so, any pros or cons of using one over the other?

        - Joe