automatic checking for HTTP violations?

  • John Belmonte
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2004
      I'd like to know if there are any tools out there that will check HTTP
      requests and responses for standards compliance.

      At the basic level, it would check a request or response in isolation.
      For example, a Method Not Allowed response without an Allow header would
      be flagged as not compliant.

      More advanced checking would consider all requests and responses within
      a session. For example, a response to HEAD request that has a message
      body would be flagged as not compliant.

      Ideally, it would differentiate between compliance and partial
      compliance (missing SHOULD's).

      -John

      --
      http:// if ile.org/