Rest Protocol (was Groove Web Services)

  • Yannick Loiseau
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2002
      Does anyone had a look at Jabber as a Rest protocol ? It's full XML, based
      on few methods (get,set,result,error) for the <iq/> element. I'm quite new
      to Rest and very new to Jabber, but it sounds like they could work together
      fine.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2002
        On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 08:35:29AM +0100, Yannick Loiseau wrote:
        > Does anyone had a look at Jabber as a Rest protocol ? It's full XML, based
        > on few methods (get,set,result,error) for the <iq/> element. I'm quite new
        > to Rest and very new to Jabber, but it sounds like they could work together
        > fine.

        Well, like every system out there, a REST interface could be built to
        Jabber. But not the other direction. Jabber itself is not based on a
        REST architecture; having a few verbs isn't sufficient, not even for
        the "uniform interface" constraint.

        The RESTwiki has a Jabber FAQ;

        http://internet.conveyor.com/RESTwiki/moin.cgi/RestFaq#head-250b927a770c13278503a632e209fef4dd1b3f6e

        MB
        --
        Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile. Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
        http://www.markbaker.ca http://www.idokorro.com