Re: Why GET is an application semantic

  • Mark Baker
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2002
      On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:27:26AM -0700, Paul Prescod wrote:
      > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jun/0085
      >
      > Can you do the same exercise with POST, PUT and DELETE? That would be a
      > valuable set of articles.

      I'll add it to my to-do list. Ick. POST would be fun though.

      BTW, my to-do list is one item smaller today (well, until that last
      paragraph 8-); Webdot is now integrated into the RESTwiki, and the
      Wiki itself was upgraded to Moin-1.0, so we've got a whole bunch of
      new features including the rather annoying and unRESTful navigation
      bar that shows you your navigation path through the Wiki.

      See my page for an example of Webdot/Moindot;

      http://internet.conveyor.com/RESTwiki/moin.cgi/MarkBaker

      P.S. I had to patch a bug in Jeff's moindot.py code;

      dotfile = file(localdir+dotfilename,'w')
      ->
      dotfile = open(localdir+dotfilename,'w')

      MB
      --
      Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile. Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
      http://www.markbaker.ca http://www.idokorro.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2002
        On Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002, at 17:27 Europe/Dublin, Paul Prescod wrote:
        > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jun/0085
        >
        > Can you do the same exercise with POST, PUT and DELETE? That would be a
        > valuable set of articles.

        ditto! explaining it as a matter of increasing generality emphasizes
        why GET et al are 'axiomatic'.

        this is something i can send my non-believer colleagues.
      • Mathews, Walden
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2002
          > BTW, my to-do list is one item smaller today (well, until that last
          > paragraph 8-); Webdot is now integrated into the RESTwiki, and the
          > Wiki itself was upgraded to Moin-1.0, so we've got a whole bunch of
          > new features including the rather annoying and unRESTful navigation
          > bar that shows you your navigation path through the Wiki.

          Yipee!! I enabled the dotcode on WebState already. Looks purdy.

          -Walden