[Announce] New Restlet Framework and APISpark releases

  • Jerome Louvel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2014
      Hi all,

      We have just released a major 2.2.0 version of our open source web API framework, including community contributions from 40 developers. See blog post for changes summary: http://blog.restlet.com/2014/03/27/restlet-framework-2-2-0-and-2-3-m1-released/

      Restlet Framework 2.3 Milestone 1 is also available, including support for Java 7. Next milestones will add support for API documentation, management and tooling, through integration with APISpark, Swagger and other API descriptions languages. See the detailed road map: http://restlet.org/learn/roadmap

      Launched in 2005, Restlet Framework was the first framework to embody the REST and HTTP principles as a simple client/server Java API. It is available in 6 consistent editions: Android, GAE, GWT, Java SE, Java EE and OSGi. It is also at the core of our APISpark cloud platform that recently reached version 2.0: http://blog.restlet.com/2014/03/11/apispark-2-0-released/

      ---

      Beyond this announce, I would be happy to hear what you think about the relationship between open source projects and cloud platforms for Web API developments. Complementary or alternatives?

      Thanks!

      PS: sorry for those who received this email on API-Craft as well... Hard to choose :)