Real Examples of REST in Action?

  • Shea Levy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2014
      Hi all,

      Several months ago I read Architectural Styles and the Design of
      Network-based Software Architectures and have since been occasionally
      reading here and other discussions on the web and have come to the
      conclusion that a) most non-HTML web services aren't REST and b) they
      probably should be. I was wondering though, are there any real-world
      (hopefully prominent?) examples of services adhering completely to the
      REST constraints that aren't based around HTML/CSS/JS (minus cookies) or
      Atom? I think it would give me a better sense of what REST looks like in
      practice to see more individual instances.

      Thanks,
      Shea Levy
    • Dan Haywood
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2014
        I can't claim my Restful Objects spec [1] is particularly prominent or well-known, but it is in use and fulfils your criteria.

        You can see it in use by running one of the Apache Isis maven archetypes [2,3]; there is also a .NET implementation [4]

        HTH
        Dan