Re: [rest-discuss] Using jdon serialized objects as query params

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2013
      Unmesh Joshi wrote:

      > Is this a standard practice?

      I'm sure it's a common practice; what REST wants is a standardized
      means of building such URIs. What do the hypertext controls look like,
      and what media type are you using? As to the URI itself, it's opaque,
      so you could even use "jdon" notation for query params... ;-)

      -Eric
    • Unmesh Joshi
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2013
        :-). you surely can use "jdon" if its standardized.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2013

          > :-). you surely can use "jdon" if its standardized.

          For URI syntax it just doesn't matter, except on POST where you'd want
          the equivalent of application/x-www-form-urlencoded to inform the
          origin server and any participating intermediaries, how to decode the
          payload. On GET, the query isn't "payload" it's just an opaque URI,
          IMO.