Re: [rest-discuss] How much REST should your Web API get?

  • Mike Schinkel
    Message 1 of 46 , May 3, 2013
      On May 3, 2013, at 8:04 AM, Jérôme Louvel <jlouvel@...> wrote:
      > Regarding media types, their power lies in their standardization. Having a separate one for each application isn't that useful, and ends up with the media type being used in a generic JSON/XML way or abstractes away in a programming client SDK.

      Exactly.

      Given Jan's "Not gonna happen" comment[2] related to standardization of media types, I found this blog post[1] from Kin Lane posted yesterday oddly well-timed. :)

      -Mike

      [1] http://www.apievangelist.com/2013/05/02/startups-need-to-work-together-on-api-definitions/
    • Mike Schinkel
      Message 46 of 46 , May 4, 2013
        Once again you have given me much to ponder. Thanks for the effort; I will be trying to internalize this.

        -Mike