Re: [rest-discuss] How much REST should your Web API get?

    Message 1 of 46 , May 2, 2013
      Jérôme Louvel wrote:

      > REST was never designed to solve all software architecture problems.
      > That's quite the opposite and what makes it so powerful to scale the
      > web of hypermedia documents.

      What nobody's disproven, is the networked hypermedia document paradigm
      is the most efficient solution to the distributed computing problem.
      Therefore it does make sense to model systems to fit this paradigm,
      wherever possible; a more natural paradigm for the problem space isn't
      necessarily going to work at Internet scale over a period of decades.

      -Eric
    • Mike Schinkel
      Message 46 of 46 , May 4, 2013
        Once again you have given me much to ponder. Thanks for the effort; I will be trying to internalize this.

        -Mike