How much REST should your Web API get?

  • jerome.louvel
    Message 1 of 46 , May 2, 2013
      After living with REST for 10 years and introducing in 2005 the first REST framework for Java (http://restlet.org), I felt that by pushing REST too far we are just trying to make it solve problems it was designed for in the first place.

      In this blog post, I tried to formalize a "Web API" architecture style and contrast it with REST, then introduce the idea of cross-device web sites as wrapping the power of both styles:
      http://blog.restlet.com/2013/05/02/how-much-rest-should-your-web-api-get/

      Interested in hearing what you think!

      Best regards,
      Jerome

      PS: sorry for those also following the "API-Craft" mailing list, but the topic is right at the crossing of both communities.
    • Mike Schinkel
      Message 46 of 46 , May 4, 2013
        Once again you have given me much to ponder. Thanks for the effort; I will be trying to internalize this.

        -Mike