Re: Working on an ASP.NET Web API book

  • Glenn Block
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2012
      And now the real message. :-)

      <forgive me if you think this is spam>

      Howard Dierking, Pablo Cibraro and Pedro Felix, Darrel Miller, and I are all working on a new Oreilly book on building Web APIS using ASP.NET Web API. Our goal for the books is three:

      1. We want to give real world guidance on building evolvable and robust APIs
      2. We want to show how to apply that to ASP.NET Web API i.e. hypermedia, caching, security, etc.
      3. We want to describe the ASP.NET Web API architecture / technical components.

      The book is in progress and hopefully going to publish in sprint. It's online now however as we're using Oreilly's OSS model so folks can see it as it progresses and weigh in (for free).

      Whether you are or are not an ASP.NET developer, I would love your feedback. Granted if you are not a .NET dev, we understand. Note, there are several chapters which focus on fundamentals of HTTP, media type design etc and have NOTHING to do with .NET.

      Anyway, thanks in advance and we look forward to your feedback.

      Thanks!
      Glenn

      On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Glenn Block <glenn.block@...> wrote:
      Disclaimer: Mostly for .NET devs, but anyone is welcome

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 23, 2012
        Glenn Block wrote:

        > Whether you are or are not an ASP.NET developer, I would love your
        > feedback. Granted if you are not a .NET dev, we understand.

        Ah! Symfony for .NET -- I get it. ;-)