Re: [rest-discuss] request to register 'describes' link relation (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-describes-link-01)

  • Nathan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2012
      Erik Wilde wrote:
      > dear link-relations experts,
      >
      > this is a request to register 'describes' in the IANA link relations
      > registry established by RFC 5988. the latest draft of the registration
      > document is available at
      > http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-describes-link-01, and the last
      > version announced on a variety of mailing lists has not generated any
      > feedback asking for changes.
      >
      > should the registration request be accepted, my understanding is that
      > the draft registration document will be forwarded to IANA for
      > registration by a designated expert.
      >
      > thanks a lot and kind regards,

      Looks good and most useful, is it worth mentioning anywhere that this
      inverse relations(describes being the inverse of describedby) is now
      needed due to @rev falling out of fashion? It may help explain why
      describes wasn't defined by powder in the first instance.

      Best and KUTGW,

      Nathan
    • Erik Wilde
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2012
        hello nathan.

        On 2012-10-09 13:21 , Nathan wrote:
        > Looks good and most useful, is it worth mentioning anywhere that this
        > inverse relations(describes being the inverse of describedby) is now
        > needed due to @rev falling out of fashion? It may help explain why
        > describes wasn't defined by powder in the first instance.

        honestly, i think such a comment would probably confuse more people than
        it would help. @rev never was a popular idea to begin with and only part
        of relatively few vocabularies.

        cheers,

        dret.