The object-resource impedance mismatch

  • Ruben Verborgh
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2012
      Hi there,

      We’re all familiar with the the differences between objects from programming languages
      and resources used in a REST environment.

      A good understanding of the resources-and-representations model is required
      to develop a REST application, but many many implementations stick too hard
      to the used technologies (which makes us end up with, for example, RPC-style).

      Instead of explaining how to model an object-oriented schema as an HTTP article,
      I decided to do it the other way round and show how to model HTTP in JavaScript.
      You can see the results at
      http://ruben.verborgh.org/blog/2012/09/27/the-object-resource-impedance-mismatch/

      I’m looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

      Best,

      Ruben