Testing my REST Learning

  • Mark Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2012
      Sometime last year, I became really interested in what REST and the ideas of Hypermedia actually are. Since then, I've done a lot of reading/searching/fumbling/etc.

      First, I'd like to thank those that have taken time to explain ideas in mailing lists/books/etc.

      Second, I'd like to ask those wiling to let me know how well my understanding is. I fully believe that the best way to prove if someone understands something is to have them explain it to you. I decided to try this out by answering a question on StackOverflow that I felt was something I probably would have asked back when I was first starting out.

      I know it's pretty long, but if anyone would like to take the time to check out the question (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9727394/whats-the-best-most-restful-way-to-simulate-a-procedure-call-over-http) and my resulting answer (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9727394/whats-the-best-most-restful-way-to-simulate-a-procedure-call-over-http#answer-11919274) and let me know of anything you would disagree with to help me in my understanding.

      Thanks

      --
      Mark Hildreth