Re: [rest-discuss] REST for rich client persistence

  • Rickard Öberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
      Matthias Ernst wrote:
      > I've once built a very simple case. There was only one resource
      > holding the configuration data of a video headend. It could be GOT and
      > PUT.
      > Content format was XML which I processed using JAXB on the server
      > side, looked at the changes, reconfigured the headend, persisted the
      > config.
      > Clients were a rich Java client, curl and MS Infopath.

      That's great, but it still sounds like a rather simple way. Is there
      anyone who has used REST(/Atom/RDF/XML/?) more like a backend for
      object-mapping *on the client*, so that the client uses Java objects and
      the changes are persisted using REST principles.

      I'm looking for patterns on how to map resources, do collections, send
      changes (as commands or state), handle security, do domain rules on the
      client, etc.

      /Rickard