Hi all i need some help on my thesis

  • pavan.potti
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
      Hi all,

      My name is Pavan, and i am masters student started
      recently my thesis on REST. I started searching on net for REST
      research papers but hardly found 2 or 3. And in my software and
      hardware requirements i stated the use of Apache Axis, was that suite
      for designing REST.

      Putting all together, Please help me where i can find
      very good resources of REST in the sense of programing REST using
      Java, its research papers et..

      Thanks in Advance,

      ANy kind of reply is highly appreciated,

      Pavan.
    • Kyumars Sheykh Esmaili
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
        Hi Pavan,
        This article might be useful for you:
        http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/WebServices/restful/

        Additionally, there is a Java api (AX-RS (JSR 311) for building restful web services. Here you can get an open source implementation of it:
        https://jersey.dev.java.net/

        Hope it helps,
        --Kyumars

        "pavan.potti" <pavan.potti@...> wrote:

        Hi all,

        My name is Pavan, and i am masters student started
        recently my thesis on REST. I started searching on net for REST
        research papers but hardly found 2 or 3. And in my software and
        hardware requirements i stated the use of Apache Axis, was that suite
        for designing REST.

        Putting all together, Please help me where i can find
        very good resources of REST in the sense of programing REST using
        Java, its research papers et..

        Thanks in Advance,

        ANy kind of reply is highly appreciated,

        Pavan.

      • Damaris Fuentes
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
          There is also a book called Restful Web Services[1] with lots of examples. And there is a framework for Java/J2EE called Restlet to implement REST applications.

          "pavan.potti" <pavan.potti@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          Hi all,

          My name is Pavan, and i am masters student started
          recently my thesis on REST. I started searching on net for REST
          research papers but hardly found 2 or 3. And in my software and
          hardware requirements i stated the use of Apache Axis, was that suite
          for designing REST.

          Putting all together, Please help me where i can find
          very good resources of REST in the sense of programing REST using
          Java, its research papers et..

          Thanks in Advance,

          ANy kind of reply is highly appreciated,

          Pavan.

          ****
          "Y ya nadie distingue
          si las manchas de mi ropa
          son de sangre o de carmín."

          ¿Con Mascota por primera vez? - Sé un mejor Amigo
          Entra en Yahoo! Respuestas.

        • Teo Hui Ming
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
            On Feb 7, 2008 1:52 AM, pavan.potti <pavan.potti@...> wrote:
            > Putting all together, Please help me where i can find
            > very good resources of REST in the sense of programing REST using
            > Java, its research papers et..

            AFAIK, Justin R. Erenkrantz published a survey on a few web
            application tools & frameworks,
            "Architectural Styles of Extensible REST-based Applications"
            and more at <http://www.erenkrantz.com/Geeks/Research/>

            Interestingly, there is a related early work in HP Lab (i.e. Cooltown)
            led by Tim Kindberg, regarding the application of Web as middleware
            for ubiquitous computing,
            "Sensor-enhanced Mobile Web Clients: an XForms Approach"
            and more at <http://www.champignon.net/TimKindberg/projects.php>

            --
            Teo Hui Ming