6359Is it OK to have two URL's for GET's - one for a list of items and one for single items?

  • Scott Chapman
    Aug 1, 2006
      I'm considering making different URL's for retrieval of a list of sites vs.
      one site (sites are actual locations on the ground in my scenario):

      List of sites: http://www.../sites?name1=value1&name2=value2
      Single site: http://www.../site/2

      Is this considered Ok for good REST development or should the "sites" (plural)
      URL be used in all cases?

      I am considering this because the implementation on the server side would be
      cleaner, having separate "pages" for list vs. single site returns. I'd like
      to know what people think of this.

      I'm new to RESTful design. Please let me know what the pro's and con's are of
      doing it this way from a design perspective.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic