      From: "Josh Sled" <jsled@...>
      To: "Jeoff Wilks" <jeoffwilks@...>
      Cc: "Rest List" <rest-discuss@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:31 AM
      Subject: Re: [rest-discuss] REST requires HTTP or other transports

      : On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 08:53 -0400, Jeoff Wilks wrote:
      : > The course-grained style makes it relatively easy to patch systems
      : > together on a single message bus. The primary deficiency, as Hugh
      : > mentioned, is the lack of a standardized wire protocol, which prevents
      : > internet-scale messaging.
      :
      : And hypermedia. And caching/cache-control. And pull vs. push.
      :
      : ...jsled
      : --
      : http://asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`
      :
      :
      :
      :
      : Yahoo! Groups Links
      :
      :
      :
      :
      :
      :
      :
      :
      :
      : __________ NOD32 1.1245 (20051006) Information __________
      :
      : This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
      : http://www.eset.com
      :
      :
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic