5259Re: [rest-discuss] REST requires HTTP or other transports

  • Walden Mathews
    Oct 5 9:01 AM
      Hugh,

      : o The message processor would have a pretty limited number of verbs (could
      : have just "process this"). The verbs don't have to be limited to just the
      : fab four, either.

      There could be a lot of them, as long as they make sense when applied
      to *any* resource:

      example: GET /my/bank/account (good)
      example: LOCK /my/bank/account (good)
      example: GETSTOCKQUOTE /my/bank/account (bad)*

      It is a matter of consistency, not parsimony, although the latter is
      probably a desirable side-effect.

      Walden

      * until my bank account becomes publicly traded, anyway
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic