4797Re: [rest-discuss] Computation and PUT vs GET

    Feb 1, 2005
      Scott,

      scottgregory@... wrote:

      >Hello
      >
      >Thinking of a REST interface to a trading system.
      >
      >I can get my head around
      >GET /trades
      >to get a list of trades
      >GET /trade/123
      >to retrieve a specific trade, and even
      >PUT /trade/987
      >to create a new trade, assuming user has appropriate permissions.
      >
      >What about providing a 'remote' pricing facility? Using SOAP, we
      >would have a 'service' which returned a value upon accepting a trade
      > Value priceMe(SomeTrade)

      What about

      GET /pricingService?trade=http://example.org/trade/123

      or

      POST /pricingService

      <pricing>
      <trade><!-- representation of trade goes here --></trade>
      <value/>
      </prcing>

      Reply:

      HTTP 200 OK

      <pricing>
      <trade><!-- representation of trade goes here --></trade>
      <value>VALUE FILLED IN BY SERVICE</value>
      </prcing>

      Jan

      --
      Jan Algermissen