4427Re: [rest-discuss] Re-using information fields for queries in REST

  • Mark Baker
    Jun 1, 2004
      On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 05:47:54PM -0700, David Orchard wrote:
      > Gotcha on the use of hierarchy rather than flat where appropriate.

      *groan* Ok, sure, *now* you support my "make WSDL more form-like"
      suggestions. 8-)

      The new HTTP binding goes further in this direction, but still falls
      short largely because it bumps up against the *very* different demands
      of a forms language compared with an interface description language.

      I'd personally prefer to start over with a forms language, which is
      why I created RDF Forms; http://www.markbaker.ca/2003/05/RDF-Forms/ .
      But it has a bit of legacy in its support of www-form-urlencoded
      serializations for POST bodies and URIs largely because that's what
      server APIs easily support and it's what I used at work. But I'd love
      to get a more general generative naming language in there that could
      support hierarchy as Roy describes.

      Mark Baker. Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA. http://www.markbaker.ca
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic