4305Re: [rest-discuss] Hacking HTTP Authentication with mod_perl

  • Jon Hanna
    Apr 2, 2004
      > There is an interesting document here:
      >
      > Hacking HTTP Authentication with mod_perl
      >
      > http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/HTTP_Authentication
      >
      > Which basically explain how to set up logging in and out using HTTP
      > Authentication.
      >
      > The inability to log out and in again is often cited as the reason
      > for using cookie and form of authentication.

      I played with doing similar things in ASP some time ago (the code, if it exists
      at all, is on a hard drive in the hands of the receiver handling the demise of
      my former employers, but if I ever get to see it again I'll share).

      I found that playing with the authentication this could cause issues with some
      tools (InterDev at least) that used authentication and expected the server to
      be handling it in the default manner.

      --
      Jon Hanna
      <http://www.hackcraft.net/>