      From: "Mark Baker" <distobj@...>
      To: "Gustaf Liljegren" <gustaf.liljegren@...>
      Cc: <rest-discuss@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 8:55 AM
      Subject: Re: [rest-discuss] Roles

      : It presumably refers to the roles of components, but it could be
      : clearer; "party" could also refer to the authority under which
      : a component acts.
      :
      : Mark.
      :
      : On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 02:39:56AM +0100, Gustaf Liljegren wrote:
      : > A short question. In W3C's "Architecture of the World Wide Web" document
      : > [1], REST has been distilled into the following items:
      : >
      : > - statelessness
      : > - clear assignment of roles to parties
      : > - uniform address space
      : > - limited, uniform set of verbs
      : >
      : > I understand all of these, except number two. What are "roles" and
      : > "parties" in the REST context?
      : >
      : > Thanks,
      : >
      : > Gustaf
      :
      : --
      : Mark Baker. Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA. http://www.markbaker.ca
      :
      :
      : To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
      :
      :
      :
      :
      :
      :
      : __________ NOD32 1.565 (20031127) Information __________
      :
      : This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
      : http://www.nod32.com
      :
      :
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic