3838Re: [rest-discuss] 403 vs. 409

  • David Powell
    Aug 4, 2003
      Saturday, August 2, 2003, 9:36:07 AM, you wrote:

      >> WebDAV defines a "422 Unprocessable entity" status for semantic
      >> problems with the XML request, and uses 400 if the XML request is not
      >> properly formed. I don't see why WebDAV would be a special case here,
      >> so that sounds wrong too.

      > Could you please explain why you think this is wrong?

      I just don't think that it is a WebDAV specific problem, so I would
      expect WebDAV to use whatever status would be appropriate for any
      other HTTP application.

      I tend to favour 400, but it looks as if 422 was invented for WebDAV
      because it was decided that 400 couldn't be used to report errors that
      weren't strictly syntactic?

      --
      Dave
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic