19695Re: [rest-discuss] removing a resource assication

  • Dong Liu
    Jul 14, 2014
      I think an extra resource will help like

      POST /associations with /alpha/:id and /doc/:id to create /association/:id
      PUT /associations/:id to update the association
      DELETE /associations/:id to remove the association

      On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 12:31 AM, phpWalter@... [rest-discuss] <rest-discuss-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have this...

      GET /doc       - list of all docs in system

      POST /doc    - add a new doc to system

      GET /doc/:id        - retrieve doc information, including all containers it may be within

      PUT /doc/:id        - update doc information

      DELETE /doc/:id  - remove this resource

      GET /alpha       - get all containers

      POST /alpha    - make a new containers

      GET /alpha/:id   - retrieve container info, including all DOCs it contains

      PUT /alpha/:id   - update container details

      DELETE /alpha/:id  - remove this resource

      GET /alpha/:id/doc      - get all docs associated with this container

      POST /alpha/:id/doc   - add an association with a doc to this container

      PUT /alpha/:id/doc/:id  - update meta data around this doc/container association

      Question how do I remove a DOC and CONTAINER association?

      DELETE /alpha/:id/doc/:id  - this really doesn't feel right.

      Any ideas?

      Thank you

      When planning for a year, plant oats; when planning for a decade, plant trees; when planning for a life, plant ideas.

      -- Ancient Chinese Proverb

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic