19576Real Examples of REST in Action?

  • Shea Levy
    Jan 1 11:50 AM
      Hi all,

      Several months ago I read Architectural Styles and the Design of
      Network-based Software Architectures and have since been occasionally
      reading here and other discussions on the web and have come to the
      conclusion that a) most non-HTML web services aren't REST and b) they
      probably should be. I was wondering though, are there any real-world
      (hopefully prominent?) examples of services adhering completely to the
      REST constraints that aren't based around HTML/CSS/JS (minus cookies) or
      Atom? I think it would give me a better sense of what REST looks like in
      practice to see more individual instances.

      Thanks,
      Shea Levy
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic