19274Re: [rest-discuss] conneg considered harmful

  • Peter Williams
    Feb 15, 2013
      Eric,

      That is an interesting quote. I have occasionally heard
      unsubstantiated claims regarding the badness of accept header based
      content negotiation. It is interesting that Roy perceives it as
      "revolting".

      Personally, i rather like it but perhaps i am missing something
      important. I'd definitely like to hear someone (or multiple someones)
      actually articulate what they perceive as problematic about it. So far
      i don't recall ever reading a discussion of the downsides that got
      beyond "i don't like it" or "it is hard for me to implement" (neither
      of which resonate with me).

      On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Eric J. Bowman <eric@...> wrote:
      > Mark Baker wrote:
      >>
      >> Besides, client driven uses hypermedia so is way more RESTful.

      Mark, can you explain a bit more why you think this? It is not clear
      to me why avoiding this particular part of http's uniform interface
      would make a client more RESTful.

      Peter
      barelyenough.org
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic