19205Re: [rest-discuss] URI design, part 2

  • Erik Wilde
    Dec 1, 2012
      hello max.

      On 2012-12-01 08:17 , Max Toro wrote:
      > Thanks for you answer Erik. I don't want to repeat myself, so please
      > see my answer to Eric, I'd love to get your comments as well. Rather
      > than good or bad I'd like to determine if my example is REST or not.

      i guess most people agree that the only reasonable answer to a question
      such as "is URI X RESTful" is: "tell me more about your design."

      i'd like to get one tiny bit of clarification from you: when saying you
      have a resource X/operation, did you choose "cancel" on purpose as
      something that could be mapped to a DELETE X fairly easily, or do you
      also consider something such as X/additem, where the hypothetical
      operation would not delete the resource, but change its status outside
      of the CRUD realm?

      thanks,

      dret.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic