17960Re: [rest-discuss] form parameter dependencies and value assist

  • mike amundsen
    Nov 10 9:41 AM
      Erik:

      in one recent case, a client decided to handle these UI list
      dependencies by sending all the data in the form and letting local
      scripts to the filtering w/o the need to call back to the server. in
      this case the lists were quite static (product-related filters) and
      relatively small (tens of items in each list, not hundreds). caching
      makes composing and shipping this representation to the clients
      relatively inexpensive (after the first delivery to a client).

      mca
      http://amundsen.com/blog/
      http://twitter.com@mamund
      http://mamund.com/foaf.rdf#me