17959form parameter dependencies and value assist

  • Erik Wilde
    Nov 10, 2011
      hello philippe.

      > Dynamically communicating constraints on allowable values for expansions in a declarative way is sure an interesting problem.

      indeed it is. have you considered dependencies in your scenario? one use
      case we have all of the time is the "GET initial form; GET list of
      countries, wait for country to be filled out; GET list of states; wait
      for state to be filled out; GET list of cities; pick city; PUT/POST
      form" pattern, in all sorts and shapes. i am wondering whether there is
      some consensus about how to deal with this as declaratively as possible,
      or whether anybody is just happily scripting all of this.

      cheers,

      dret.