17936Using URI templates in XHTML

  • Philippe Mougin
    Nov 9, 2011
      Hi,

      Context:
      ********
      I'm using XHTML for the representation of some resources, in a Restful machine-to-machine context. In particular, I'm using it for representing the "entry point" of my system, from where clients can dynamically learn how to construct URLs to other resources and start navigate the resource space. To that end I've been using XHTML <a> and <form> elements as hypermedia controls.

      URI templates:
      I'm now in possession of a shinny new URI-template library (implementing http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-07) that I plan to embed in some of the clients of my system. These client programs will then be able to easily interpret (i.e., expand) URI templates.

      Question:
      *********
      I'd like to use URI template as hypermedia control in XHTML, as a (richer) alternative to my existing forms. What do you think is the best way to do so ? Specifically, how would you represent an URI template in XHTML (given it must be used as a hypermedia control for programatic clients)?

      Thanks,
      Philippe Mougin
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic